Monday, April 11, 2011

Go With the Flow



There is something so wonderful about a person that is able to 'go with the flow.' I do my very best to be one of those people. I think in order to be one of those people you have to understand that the world and the events which occur in it are constantly changing. 

What made me think about this was a flight change I had to make today. I've decided to go visit some family in Chicago at the end of May and I was talking with my aunt after I booked the flight. She forgot to mention that my cousin is graduating from preschool the day I was scheduled to leave and wondered if I would be able to stay a day longer, if changing my flight wasn't too much of a hassle. I of course want to be there when my absolutely adorable cousin graduates from preschool, and since I had just booked my flight minutes before, I had no problem changing my returning flight schedule. 

It was then that for some reason, I thought about how a change in plans like that would completely wreck someone's day if they weren't able to go with the flow. I think I feel slightly sorry for those kind of people. I've always been pretty easygoing when it comes to things like this, so it didn't bother me in the least. I just did what I needed to do, and that was that. No big deal. I just can't imagine getting worked up or angry over something like that like some people I know would. I guess it all just depends on how you view things though. To me, life is too short to make a big deal about things that are trivial and it also takes way too much energy. But maybe that's just my lazy persona talking. 

However, at the end of the day, I'm glad that I can just float on the water and simply go wherever the currant takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment