Tuesday, April 12, 2011

From Turn Signals to Seat-Jacking, the World is Intentionally Trying to Piss Me Off

There are a few things in life that I find to be perpetually annoying. Two of those things would be people who don't use their turn signals, and those pesty kids in school who seat-jack you every chance they get. And today, I experienced both in a matter of minutes. Lucky me.

Some of you might wonder why I find these things so annoying, and you know what? I'm going to tell you.

First of all, we should take into consideration the actual reason for the turn signal. This little blinking light of joy is there so that you may inform the other nice people on the road what the hell you are doing, or about to do. These little blinky lights are not just there for optional entertainment, despite what 99% of drivers today think. These are so that when you start to slow down when I am driving along my merry way behind you, I don't get extremely pissed off at you because you are suddenly doing 25 in a 40 zone.

I would also like to add that in addition to being practical and courteous, your little blinkers are not that hard to use. There is absolutely no reason that any driver on this whole entire continent cannot use their turn signals. All you have to do is give your little finger on your left hand a flick! and voilĂ ! You have successfully used your turn signal and made everyone around you happy. That literally probably took about .2 seconds. However, for some strange reason, people seem to think this is completely optional. Well I have news for you. It is not. My blinkers don't even really work because the fuses are blown and I have neither the time or the money to go get them fixed, but guess what? I still use them! That's right folks, this courteous citizen sits there and manually moves the lever for the turn signal up and down whenever she turns. And believe me, it gets annoying and I don't want to do it, but because I am a good and caring person, I do it. So, guy in the brand new black truck ahead of me this morning, what was  your reason for not using your turn signal again?

On to the next order of business: seat-jacking. Approximately 5 minutes after falling victim to the laziness and self-absorbed person driving ahead of me on my way to class, I walk into my morning class to find that the seat I normally sit in has been taken. Now, I could understand if this was the second week of school and everyone is still getting used to the classroom and whatnot, but this is April, and the semester started in January. AND, I have been sitting in that seat every Tuesday since January 18th, and said seat-jacker was more likely than not, aware of this. As I write about this I feel like maybe this is a little bit trivial, (and in all honesty this person bugs me anyways because they sit in the front row while we're trying to watch a movie and play on their laptop), but I think that this maybe bothers everyone at some point. Mostly just because one seat-jacking leads to more seat-jacking, however unintentional it may be. And mostly it's just inconsiderate, especially when there are about ten other seats to choose from.

2 comments:

  1. When it comes to Seat Jacking: This is why peeing on things should be legal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. 100%. I think maybe it would be fun to carry a small dog around solely for the purpose of letting it pee on things you want to make sure stay yours. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete