Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh My Goodness, Oh My Goodness

So I just got done searching the inter-web, namely Craigslist, for apartments for rent in Los Angeles and can I just say... Those peeps be out they mind. I thought $500 was a lot for a 1 bed 1 bath apartment where I live, but HOLY COW those people beg to differ. But I absolutely must live there so I will think of something!! .... Who wants to move to Cali with me! Any takers? Any at all?

And also, I just must get this out because it has really been frustrating me, although writing about this makes me feel like a whiny little girl. I swear, I'm not happy if I'm not complaining about something. But anywho, so, I've been helping out my chiropractor in her office for a little while now, and at first it seemed like a good idea because for a little while there, I thought Chiropractic might be something I wanted to go into. So I thought, 'Why not? It will give me some experience!' This is the part of the post where you may imagine me slapping my hand to my face. I was so wrong. I wish I had never ever ever had this idea at all. I regret it so much now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my chiropractor, she is a great woman and has helped me and my health so much in the past few months, but oh my god. She is an older woman, so of course she is not very tech-savy, and the last receptionist she had was a complete fuck up and sent her practice to hell in a hand-wraped gift basket. So, needless to say, she needed help with ordinary office tasks and I, at the time, had some free time and thought it would be a good idea to help her. HOWEVER. It turned out she really really hated the computer program she had for her office, you know, the ones that keep track of all the patients and all their info and diagnoses and stuff, and so about two months ago she decided it was time to get a new one. So I got sucked into this whirlpool world of shit and now I can't get out.

Let me explain further. She is not tech-savy, but when I say that I really mean that she has an undying, burning, passionate hatred for all things technological. She doesn't understand why you have to do this and this when you just want to do this, or why they don't just have a button for that, and are you sure closing out of this window won't close all of them? How do I check my email? Which email was I looking for? ARGHHH I HATE COMPUTERS, WHY DOESN'T TECHNOLOGY WORK FOR ME, come here and do this because I can't! I just don't understand this, I don't understand that, you've told me how to do this simple task ten times this week but I need you to tell me again, you're not answering the phone correctly, oh and by the way I have a list of ten other things I need you to do on the computer today.

Are you annoyed yet? BECAUSE I AM. I literally hear something to that affect EVERY. DAMN. TIME I go into that office now. And mind you, I am not really getting paid for this. And now suddenly, right when I am in the middle of the semester and right as all of my teachers think that it is totally ok to give me ten thousand things to do, I need to be her personal assistant, and I need to be there all the time. I am supposed to put everything else on the back burner and help her print out demographics and shit on all of her patients because she only has until the end of the month with her old computer program. Where was this thinking two weeks ago when she had me sit there at the desk for two hours importing pictures from her phone onto the computer and then uploading them to Walgreen's website so she could have them printed? I mean, I know I agreed to help her, but that honestly doesn't mean I'm ok with being stressed out so badly that I feel like I would rather have a semi truck run me over than go into that office. I didn't go get an adjustment from her for two weeks because I knew if I went in she would make me stay and help her. (Me not going in for two weeks is actually a really big thing- I have Scoliosis pretty badly so it killed me, but that is a story for another day.) And now she wants me to give up my Spring Break to help her and I'm just like BIZNATCH, YOU CRAZY.

I wouldn't mind helping her if this was just printing out papers. Because that is what I signed up for. And because she promised to pay me- which she did, but only twice- which is really annoying because my time is valuable and I am buried up to my eyeballs with school work and all this other shit in my life that I need to get done- like filling out my FAFSA so I can take summer classes. For some reason, she does not understand that school is the most important thing to me right now and it is exhausting being in her presence anymore. It's sad, but I am honestly tempted to change my phone number and find a different chiropractor.

*Sigh*
I feel slightly better now, although, kinda sorta not really. I'm sorry I'm such a whiner :/

No comments:

Post a Comment