Monday, March 26, 2012

My Newest Obsession

So, I'm currently completely and totally obsessed with Lord of the Rings right now. I mean, I've always loved the entire series, but for the past two weeks I have been completely enamored with the entire thing. Like, I just want to live in Middle Earth. I would be so happy. I would have Hobbit friends and I could own a horse and ride it everywhere and there would be wizards and I could learn how to fight with a sword... It's heartbreaking that I can't just go there! I mean, do you know what I would do to live there?! I WOULD DO UNSPEAKABLE THINGS, PEOPLE. And I would regret nothing, because I would be in Middle freaking Earth.

Or maybe I could just go to New Zealand, since they filmed the movies there, and I could just pretend that I'm in Middle Earth. I suppose that would do. For now. WHO'S WITH ME! Seriously though, I can't go anywhere new by myself. Someone's going to have to come with me. But I promise it will be fun. We can pretend that the children are hobbits, and all old men with grey beards are wizards, and then any man with long-ish hair is either a ranger or an army captain, depending on his hair color. For realzies though, do not even try to tell me that doesn't sound like the best adventure you could ever have.

On a slightly different note, I am officially on spring break now! I am so incredibly happy that I finally have a break. This gives me plenty of time to obsess over LOTR. I'm reading the hobbit right now and I've got about a million other books that I will attempt to read before next Monday, since I don't work until Friday. AND!!! The Hunger Games came out on Friday at midnight and I was sooo at the premiere!! My best friend and I, along with her boyfriend, my brother and sister, and a bunch of other people we know all went and waited in line for about six hours. BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT. Let me tell you guys, I have never fan-girled so hard in my entire life. I was on the verge of tears the entire time. It was so perfect. And if you are one of those people who has been nit-picking how it wasn't completely accurate, and they left this out and it wasn't detailed enough, blah blah blah, I don't even want to hear it. Suzanne freaking Collins wrote the damn screenplay, and if she is happy with how HER STORY is portrayed, then you all damn well better be too. And even though I could go on for hors about all things Hunger Games related, I won't because there's something else I have to talk about too.

So, I'm supposed to have a hot tub/wine/Star Wars night with my best friend over our spring break, but she's sick and I'm so sad that we might not be able to do it. That was the one thing I was looking forward to, so I'm seriously hoping that she gets better in time. Oh! And I went through all the stuff in my closet today, and it is beautiful in there now. I just had to get that out. I feel so damn accomplished. I spent approximately four pain-staking hours in my Narnia-esqe, crap-infested hell going through every box, article of clothing, and any other random item that was in there and I got rid of so much stuff. I feel like I can breathe now. It's fantastical. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment